Spartans drop final match at Rochester, miss out on NCAAs

Kate Clancy

Issue date: 11/12/10 Section: Sports
  • Page 1 of 2 next >
The Spartans dropped their final game of the 2010 season to the University of Rochester Yellow Jackets last week. Rochester dominated on their home field and scored four goals to CWRU's zero. In the tiebreaker for fourth and fifth in the UAA, the loss switched the Spartans to fifth place and Rochester to fourth. However the Spartans can boast an improvement in their overall and UAA records from last season. The Spartans finished 3-4 in the UAA conference, a three-game improvement, and 10-6-3 overall with another three-game improvement. Despite the overwhelming score, the game was much closer than it seemed, with the Yellow Jackets scoring half of their goals as time dwindled. The loss knocked the Spartans out of postseason contention, one of the team's priorities coming into the season. A berth in the NCAA Division III Championship would have been all but certain if the Spartans could have knocked off D3soccer.com's No. 21 Yellow Jackets. The Spartans held on throughout the first ha
Media Credit: James Hale
The Spartans dropped their final game of the 2010 season to the University of Rochester Yellow Jackets last week. Rochester dominated on their home field and scored four goals to CWRU's zero. In the tiebreaker for fourth and fifth in the UAA, the loss switched the Spartans to fifth place and Rochester to fourth. However the Spartans can boast an improvement in their overall and UAA records from last season. The Spartans finished 3-4 in the UAA conference, a three-game improvement, and 10-6-3 overall with another three-game improvement.
Continued...
Page 1 of 2 next >

• A conversation with Divya Aggarwal
  • Adiós, Four Loko
  • Faculty Forum addresses questions surrounding core curriculum
  • International student programs make strides, issues remain

• Football thumps Tartans on senior day, win Academic Bowl
  • Men drown competition, win Veale classic; women split
  • Men seeded second in UAA, eye historic season
  • Spartan women third, men seventh at NCAA Division III Great Lakes Regional
  • Spartans drop first dual meet against Baldwin-Wallace
  • Volleyball returns home from their first NCAA Championship satisfied and yearning for more
  • Women to improve winning season, sixth-place finish

• Editorial: Unwilling to think beyond the possible
  • Leading by examples: bullying starts - and ends - with parents
  • Whores no more: the case for legalizing prostitution

• Atlantic/Pacific
  • CARES hosts vegan feast, panel in hopes of debunking myths, addressing concerns
  • Documentary Inside Job a frightening account of current financial crisis
  • Gold Motel speaks on album, artistic processes
  • Music department caps semester with variety of concerts
  • Pizza! Pizza!
  • Sigma Psi to create "magic" with 32nd Mr. CWRU
  • Students blur gender lines in eighth annual Drag Ball
  • The rules of attraction
  • Who's wearing the pants?