• Football
    • Soccer
    • Spartan Spotlight

The Buzz

Friday, September 4

There are always opportunities to see artwork produced by CIA students, whether it's a specific exhibit or the annual Student Independent Exhibition. However, how often are we able to see the artwork of the men and women who educate these young artists? Yesterday, the Faculty Exhibition opened at CIA and will continue to run for a little over a month. The exhibition highlights original faculty pieces across several mediums, as well as presents the opportunity for visitors to purchase any artwork that strikes their fancy. Make your way to CIA while all of the all of the most coveted pieces remain. Time: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Cost: Free. Location: CIA's Reinberger Galleries. Info: http://www.cia.edu/blog/?p=1351

Saturday, September 5

With lovely weekend weather on the way, what better way to enjoy the sunshine than a daylong rock concert? For their 28th annual Studio-A-Rama, WRUW is bringing in a day's worth of bands that represent a range of genres from indie to "psychedelic goth rock." Alternative legends Mission of Burma will be headlining the event and are expected to deliver a balanced set of old and new material. Support WRUW in thanking their listeners and providing free music for the community. Time: 2 p.m. - Sunday 12 a.m. Cost: Free . Location: Mather memorial Courtyard. Info: www.wruw.org

Much of the time we spend in our rooms consists of procrastinating, checking facebook, and even playing video games for hours. And as most people know, video games are always more fun when several of your friends are participating. Join the Gaming Club in playing hours of assorted games. And if you have a game that you think others would enjoy, you're welcome to bring it and challenge your peers. Time: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. Cost: Free. Location: Olin 410

Saturday marks the third installment of The Confused Greenies' series of commedia dell'arte shows. In case you missed the last two performances, this is yet another opportunity to see CWRU's own comedy troupe entertain the audience. The Confused Greenies will be performing A Good Husband Is Well Red, a tale of gold digging and deception. That much drama is bound to end up in ridicule. Time: 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. Cost: Free . Location: Amasa Stone Chapel. Info: http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/

Sunday, September 6

In America, it's tradition to celebrate the Fourth of July with barbecues and fireworks, but this Sunday, find out how Independence Day is celebrated in Brazil as Tropical Cleveland hosts their Brazilian Independence Day Fest. Enjoy a day by the water, Brazilian BBQ, live bands, and Samba performances, presenting a perfect scenery to dance the day away. Time: 4 p.m. Cost: $10, free for children 12 and under. Location: Cyrus Waterfront Lounge & Patio, The Flats Info: http://cleveland.metromix.com/events/

• A conversation with Major Jason Winterle
  • Budgeting 101 for college students
  • Case holds first annual Campus Security Fair
  • Case Western prepares to serve community
  • Have you heard about ACM?
  • Nursing "freshmen stimulus" provides support for incoming students, provokes unease
  • USG Briefs

• Club sports & news
  • Fantasy Football
  • Gameday
  • Volleyball goes 3-1 at Wooster
  • Women's soccer takes two at JCU

• Crossword Solution
  • Maze Solution
  • Sudoku Solutions

• "You lie:" an old-fashioned outburst
  • Buenos Aires: most romantic city?
  • Editorial: Student groups deserve credit for programming
  • Learning to be responsible
  • Letters to the Editor
  • Letters to the Editor
  • State your case photos: What would you do with an Inamori Ethics Prize?

• All's Well in CWRU MFA/Cleveland Playhouse production of overlooked Shakespeare classic
  • Dittrick Medical History Center reopens exhibit on history of contraception
  • Fashion for the frugal: look stylish on a budget
  • Hitting the Spot: The Antlers
  • Making breakfast work for you: getting a grip on granola
  • Nintendo DS game mixes strategy and traditional RPG elements for unique, timesaving gameplay
  • The Worst Case Scenario
  • Trail of Dead coming to Cleveland

Football

• Whalen becomes all-time passing leader in win over Rochester

Sex and Dating

• Executing the first date

Soccer

• Stopped at nothing: Spartans shut out No. 21 Ohio Northern

Spartan Spotlight

• Spartan Spotlight: Andrea Wojtowicz