Visitors "Walk All Over Waterloo" in celebration of area revitalization

Visitors

The Waterloo Arts district in Cleveland, Ohio has seen its share of problems throughout the years. This half-mile block of storefronts on Waterloo Road between E. 152th and E. 160th Streets, was once a hangout for gangs of all kinds. From the days of the Irish Mob around the 1970s and the Danny Greene legacy to lesser current-day Eastside neighborhood ruffians, the Waterloo district has been a difficult one to tame.

Artists and other community members chalk up CMA

| (0) comments

The 20th anniversary of the annual Chalk Festival held outside the Cleveland Museum of Art (CMA) kicked off to a good start last Saturday, Sept. 18. The weather was clear, the humidity low, and all of the attendees appeared to have a blast, especially the many children that were happily chalking up the Fine Arts Garden.

First-ever Farm Harvest Festival kicks off tomorrow

Tomorrow, the Student Sustainability Council (SSC) and Case Western Reserve University Farm will be co-hosting the first-ever Fall Harvest Festival at Squire Valleevue Farm. Much like past years' Halloween at the Farm, the festival will expose students to goings-on at the University Farm, of which few people are aware.

Art for art's sake

Worst Case Scenario

It's about time this column delves into yet another deep Case Western Reserve University mystery, even more obvious and crazy than previous topics: public artwork. First, I want to point out that I'm not bitter about public works of art. In fact, I am a devoted fan of the 'Free' stamp in downtown Cleveland, oddly obsessed with the Bean in Chicago, and a fan of the Guggenheim solely because it's fun to say.

Asia Town's Mooncake Festival offers scant food and performances, far less than expected

Stretching across cultures, the sun and the moon are symbolically powerful. Many have turned them into deities to pay their respects. For the moon, generally considered a female god, there is Artemis of the Greeks, Khons of the Egyptians, Arma of the Hittites, and Coyolxauhqui ofa the Aztecs, among many others.

Communication breakdown

Let's face it, dating is complicated. Why? Because people are complicated. You can't treat them like particles whose entire masses are at their centers of mass, you can't cut them up into a million tiny pieces and then take their integrals (well you shouldn't, anyway), and you certainly won't get anywhere by making a steady-state assumption.

Delta Gamma hosts entertaining, philanthropic Anchor Splash

Delta Gamma made waves when its annual Anchor Splash fundraiser took over the Veale Natatorium last Friday. All proceeds from ticket sales and raffles helped to benefit Delta Gamma's national philanthropy project, Service for Sight, which offers aid to the blind and visually impaired.

Serena Maneesh

Hitting the Spot

Serena Maneesh

Spot Night is going international for the first time this semester with Serena Maneesh hailing all the way from Oslo, Norway. Contrary to what one would derive from the name, and the fact that many of their tracks feature female vocals, Serena Maneesh is a five-piece band whose name can be roughly interpreted from Norwegian as a "veil, or serenity around the stage.

• Beating the banks with checking and savings accounts
  • Bone health not just for grandparents
  • Saturday Tutoring Program at Church of the Covenant begins 21st year
  • Season of giving begins with Charity Choice 2010
  • Students shack up for Habitat for Humanity

• Another game slips away as CWRU men's soccer falls to Oberlin 2-1
  • Freshly hired swimming head coach to kick off a new era
  • Levey sisters kick up pace for Spartans on the pitch
  • Spartan Spotlight: Kristina Vaci
  • Volleyball wins 8 in a row

• Fun Page Solutions 9/24/2010

• Back away from the camera, Bristol
  • Editorial: Thinking beyond our buble
  • State Your Case 09/24/2010
  • Taking the hit: the case for legalizing pot

• Art for art's sake
  • Artists and other community members chalk up CMA
  • Asia Town's Mooncake Festival offers scant food and performances, far less than expected
  • Communication breakdown
  • Delta Gamma hosts entertaining, philanthropic Anchor Splash
  • First-ever Farm Harvest Festival kicks off tomorrow
  • Serena Maneesh
  • Visitors "Walk All Over Waterloo" in celebration of area revitalization