RAM founder Stan Brock receives 2010 Inamori Prize

In a country that is revaluating its healthcare structure, the unfortunate many caught in the transition turn to the work of 2010 Inamori Prize winner Stan Brock. Brock is the founder of Remote Area Medical (RAM), an organization that has provided free medical care to over 300,000 individuals since 1985.

Student injured crossing Adelbert

On the evening of Aug. 25, multiple students and faculty members across Case Western Reserve University checked their inboxes only to find an alarming and unexpected message from University President Barbara R. Snyder. The email addressed the afternoon accident involving a CWRU student who "was struck by a vehicle while he was bicycling within the crosswalk on Adelbert Road.

Tense SEC open forum addresses internal SEC issues and upcoming Greek Life referendum

Many students, most sporting Greek attire, crowded Thwing Atrium Wednesday to attend the Student Executive Council's open forum on the upcoming Greek Life Student Activity Fee (SAF) allocation referendum to take place Sept. 8 and 9. The referendum seeks to alter the decision by the spring 2010 SEC board to cut the Inter- Fraternity and Panhellenic councils' SAF allocation from 6.

USG Brief

Case Western Reserve University's Undergraduate Student Government (USG) blazed through the agenda Tuesday evening at its General Assembly meeting. Officers and representatives highlighted the week's important topics, focusing especially on the rapidly approaching USG elections.

CWRU sees second highest amount of donations in history

Generosity abounded this year as Case Western Reserve University saw an abundance of donations from its alumni and friends as they committed a total of $115.5 million to enhance the university's interests. The second-highest donation total in CWRU history, these contributions will help to improve several important aspects of the university, the most notable of which will create several new facilities for student life.

Current SEC board coping with unfinished business

After a spring semester characterized by bad press and controversial decisions, Case Western Reserve Universities Student Executive Council (SEC) has been meeting unofficially in small, focused groups throughout the summer, dedicating time to an intensive revision of its constitution and bylaws, among other tasks.

Leutner Dining Café opens to pleasant reviews

Much like discussing weather, family, and politics seems to be a safety net for those unskilled in the art of conversation, so to is discussing the quality of cafeteria food. Asking almost anybody that eats in a cafeteria about the food is like asking an engineering major "Mac or PC?" You guarantee yourself an emotionally charged, detail-oriented conversation lasting no less than 30 minutes, free of awkward silences.

CWRU ranked in top 50 by U.S. News & World Report for 15th year

Case Western Reserve University has been ranked 41st in U.S. News & World Report's annual rankings of U.S. national universities. This is the same ranking the university received last year, and this is the 15th year that Case has been ranked in the top 50 American national universities.

• Current SEC board coping with unfinished business
  • CWRU ranked in top 50 by U.S. News & World Report for 15th year
  • CWRU sees second highest amount of donations in history
  • Leutner Dining Café opens to pleasant reviews
  • RAM founder Stan Brock receives 2010 Inamori Prize
  • Student injured crossing Adelbert
  • Tense SEC open forum addresses internal SEC issues and upcoming Greek Life referendum

• Gameday Preview: CWRU vs. JCU
  • Lady Spartans to face tough competition in Labor Day Tournament
  • NFL Preview: Division breakdowns
  • Spartans soundly defeat Hiram Terriers
  • When it rains, it pours

• Bush who? What the 2003 tax cuts mean for your 2011 job outlook
  • Editorial: Permanent solutions necessary to protect student safety
  • Letter to the Editor: Proud to be Greek
  • Letter to the Editor: Stronger SEC commitment to accountability, their constitution needed before they take away Greek Life's money
  • Rough and tumble: the spirit of Cleveland
  • What's your favorite part of Leutner?

• Distractions
  • Engineers Without Borders breaks cultural boundaries, builds wells in Cameroon
  • Expansive Ancient Galleries latest addition to Cleveland Museum of Art
  • Facebook nightmares
  • Friends and strangers combine forces to help Paul Paterson graduate
  • Going back to Those Gold Soundz: The Church of Andrew W.K.
  • Jesty Beatz brings fame to Zeta Psi house
  • MOCA makes big plans for move to University Circle
  • Modern music dominates new season for Cleveland Orchestra