• New Features
            • Plan Spring Break!
            • Learn about your Finances

Budget surplus, first since 2004, comes as surprise to many

Case Western Reserve University president Barbara Snyder announced last week that the university finished fiscal year 2008 with a budget surplus of $127,000. The university's surplus is surprising news not only because CWRU projected a $10.5 million deficit for the 2008 fiscal year, but also because the last fiscal year ended with a $20 million deficit.

WRUW show canceled due to controversy over broadcaster's past

Frequent political blogger, former political consultant, and Case alumnus Tim Russo was removed from his volunteer broadcasting position at WRUW on Sept. 4 due to a prior sex conviction on his record. Russo believes, however, that his conviction was known to WRUW for the two years he volunteered prior to obtaining his show, and that it was only when the university began to receive pressure from an anonymous source that it was determined he should be removed.

How do I vote on Tuesday (or sooner)?

How do I vote on Tuesday (or sooner)?

This year in Ohio, registered voters can vote before Election Day. There are many reasons for voting ahead of time. For one thing, there will not be as long of a wait in line. You can vote on any of in the next four days, and you'll know that your vote has been counted, just in case you happen to fall ill or are too busy and might not be able to make it Nov.

Student loans: other considerations

Now that you know a little more about your options for taking out loans and paying them back, we'll explore your options if you come up on a situation when you can't pay. While I hope that none of you are ever in this situation and are able to get out of debt soon after college, it is good to understand what a possible worst case scenario could look like and be able to plan for it.

Have You Heard About: Cheese Club?

When you first heard that we had a cheese club, you probably thought something along the lines of "� a club dedicated to cheese? What will they think of next?" That's exactly why the club was founded in the first place; founders Myles Nickolich and Sarah Murphy wanted to see if something so bizarre could actually succeed.

USG � BRIEF

This Tuesday's Undergraduate Student Government meeting opened with president Myles Nickolich thanking all the representatives who participated in the Pizzalympics last week. He especially thanked USG representative Keith Lupton, who was the primary organizer of this year's much improved event.

Law school dean Gary Simson steps down

After two short years, Gary Simson, the dean of CWRU School of Law, has resigned and will be leaving at the end of the semester. Local attorney and partner at the law firm of Jones Day, Robert Rawson, will temporarily replace Simson as dean until a permanent replacement is found.

Judge Michael McConnell speaks about the Ninth Amendment

Annually, the Case School of Law hosts the Sumner Canary Lecture, which is generously endowed by the family of Sumner Canary, a 1927 alumnus of the law school. Judge Canary was appointed to the Ohio Court of Appeals for the Eighth District, where he served from 1967 until his death in 1980.

Center for Women encourages men to step up through Project on Men and Gender

The Flora Stone Mather Center for Women might be an intimidating place for men to visit, but the center isn't a "women-only zone." This fact was exemplified most recently by the sixth annual Project on Men and Gender, a series of events held over the past week and concluding tomorrow afternoon.

Controversial gossip website now available at Case

Gossip has probably been a part of most of your life for about as long as you can remember. Though it probably started out pretty tame when you were younger, the website JuicyCampus takes it to a whole new level, allowing college students everywhere to anonymously write about each other, leaving any societal inhibitions behind.

InterVarsity Christian Fellowship provides spiritual home for students

Every Thursday evening, a group of more than 40 students gather in Mather House. Some sport green hair, others nose piercings. Students of all ethnicities stand around, talking loudly over the rock music blasting from the front of the room. At first glance, it might not seem obvious what connects all of these students, yet only seconds later it becomes clear, as a tall student in a blue shirt makes his way to the front of the room.

• A Conversation with Caroline Goulding
          • Don't blow it all at once: financial tips for recent graduates
          • International student session to debut during 2010 orientation
          • Name That Place - 4/23/2010
          • Relay For Life raises $76,000, short of goal but not short of spirit
          • Student Leadership Award Winners
          • Tanning dangers abound as summer approaches
          • What Now?
          • Mass funding successful for some, headache for other organizations

• Case falls to Wooster at Progressive Field
          • Spartan Spotlight: Obinna Nwanna
          • Spartans are optimistic heading into UAA's
          • Spartans extend win streak to six
          • Spartans snap long losing streak
          • The next step
          • Top 10 Spartan stories of 2009-2010

• 2009-2010 Year in Review
          • Letter to the Editor: Straight Answers to Questions about Greek Life Funding
          • Living - and dying - on your own terms
          • The last hurrah: experiencing senior week
          • What are you doing this summer?

• A final fling for finals
          • Despite an oppressive crowd and disappointing opener, Ben Folds continues to impress on stage
          • MaDaCol performance distinguishes dance as alternative communication medium
          • Parting word of advice: Express yourself
          • Springfest blowout to feature activities, student bands and national headlines
          • The best bars in Cleveland
          • Tri-C Jazz Festival features stunning jazz organ performance, among others