Nancy Pelosi visits campus to learn about Great Lakes Institute for Energy Innovation

This past Wednesday, Case president Barbara Snyder and others involved in Case's Great Lakes Institute for Energy Innovation held a meeting with Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi, Ohio Lieutenant Governor Lee Fisher, and Betty Sutton, who represents Ohio's 13th District in the House of Representatives, in order to discuss Northeast Ohio's role in developing alternative energy sources. (0) comments

Demolition or renovation of Morley building may cost university

Here at Case, most students are confident in their campus navigating abilities, and at least fairly aware of their surroundings. But how many of these students walk the path between Schmitt and Strosacker every day without a passing glance at the ivy-covered building nearby? More than likely, the majority of passersby simply ignore the unused, dilapidated, seemingly nameless building tucked tightly between Eldred, Rockefeller, and Millis. (0) comments

Have you heard about: Case Dagorhir?

Have you heard about: Case Dagorhir?

On a Friday afternoon at the end of a long week, many students just want to relax and nap before the weekend begins. But senior Nikhil Sriram, the president and founder of Case's Dagorhir club, grabs his sword and heads out to the field behind Leutner dining hall to do battle. (0) comments

Student loans: federal vs. private

Most of us have probably signed for a student loan while at Case, whether through Sallie Mae for a Stafford or Perkins loan, or even one of the Signature Custom loans that the university offers. Others are personal student loans taken out with a parent, most likely at your local bank, to cover those extra educational expenses. (0) comments

RTA's Euclid Corridor Project nears completion

The orange cones and fences on Euclid Avenue are finally disappearing. Though it's likely that memories of construction inconvenience will remain with students for some time to come, the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority will stage the grand opening for the results of its work next week. (0) comments

USG � BRIEF

USG � BRIEF

The Undergraduate Student Government had several special visitors this Tuesday, Oct. 14 at its general assembly meeting. CWRU president Barbara Snyder introduced Case Western Reserve's new provost, William "Bud" Baeslack III, to the general assembly. The two stayed for a question-and-answer session during the open forum part of the meeting, where numerous addressed subjects included homecoming, the Amethyst Initiative referendum, the attraction of new staff to campus, and the continued diversification of the student body. (0) comments

RAD course offers students basic self-defense training

In 1996, when Sergeant Karen Gregor was first certified to teach Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) courses, Case Western Reserve University held just one class. Twelve years later, Gregor and other Case Police officers are still offering the RAD program to interested Case students, running a minimum of two courses per year. (0) comments

Relay for Life hosts kickoff event

Last Friday, Relay for Life held a kickoff event in Thwing ballroom. Although the event itself will not occur for another six months, organizers, volunteers, and community members alike were excited to begin organizing for what they anticipate to be another successful relay. (0) comments

• Demolition or renovation of Morley building may cost university
  • Have you heard about: Case Dagorhir?
  • Nancy Pelosi visits campus to learn about Great Lakes Institute for Energy Innovation
  • RAD course offers students basic self-defense training
  • Relay for Life hosts kickoff event
  • RTA's Euclid Corridor Project nears completion
  • Student loans: federal vs. private
  • USG ? BRIEF

• Cross Country: Men join women on top at All-Ohios
  • LBJ would be great TE
  • Men's Soccer: Spartans don't give or get goal in Brandeis tie
  • Solid 28-7 win keeps Spartans undefeated
  • Spartan Notebook
  • Spartan Spotlight: Jeff Brown
  • Volleyball drops two in weekend tri-match
  • Women's Soccer: Nothing appealing about loss to Judges

• Sudoku #1 Answers
  • Sudoku Answers #2

• Country visit results in different view of British
  • Editorial: Sculpture collection needs better presentation
  • Either candidate has chance to win in November election
  • Plug-in hybrids not safest choice for drivers

• After years under the radar, Brett Dennen releases new album to rave reviews
  • GLTF shines with other half of fall repertory
  • Just in Case: Worried about partying pals
  • Oliver Stone's W. falls short of expectations
  • Sex and Dating: Avoiding awkward hookups
  • The Secret Ingredient: The many flavors of pumpkin
  • Worst Case Scenario: Stifling the big-word urge
  • Zombie Survival Guide author charismatically entertains Case Western Reserve students