• New Features
            • Plan Spring Break!
            • Learn about your Finances

Eldred gets the ball rolling with absurdist Firebugs

Eldred gets the ball rolling with absurdist <i>Firebugs</i>

Eldred Theater's upcoming production, The Firebugs, embodies a show that not only appeals to a wide range of audiences, but also showcases a variety of theatrical devices. Originally a radio show, Max Frisch's The Firebugs paints an allegory of how the Germans turned a blind eye toward Hitler and the Nazis during World War II.

Great Lakes Theater Festival hits a high note with re-imagined version of classic Macbeth

Opening the doors to its new home at the Hanna Theater, The Great Lakes Theater Festival (GLTF) truly re-imagined a classic with their interpretation of Macbeth. Instead of taking the more traditional Shakespere route by utilizing Elizabethan costumes and stuffy blocking, the company has turned Shakespeare's classic on its head.

Unconventional math-rock, video game performer releases first solo effort

Within seconds of hearing any of Spencer Seim's works, it's perfectly clear that he tackles his craft in very unconventional ways. "You go into recording not having anything written, and when you're done a few hours later, you're like, 'What?'" said Seim. "It's almost like you didn't write it.

Local authors provide something for everyone in Joseph-Beth event

�Last Tuesday, Joseph-Beth Booksellers in Legacy Village hosted a local author night in which three authors from the Cleveland area discussed and signed their latest works. The event was an excellent opportunity not only to check out some great reads, but also to chat with writers and connect with the community.

Student Profile: Kristen Dreisig

Student Profile: Kristen Dreisig

Kristen Dreisig is a junior chemical engineering major. She is involved with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, Alpha Phi Omega, Tau Beta Pi, and the American Institute of Chemical Engineering. In addition to her involvement on campus, Kristen spent last summer interning at Proctor and Gamble in Cincinnati on a project aimed to make Cascade dish soap safer for the environment.

Sex and Dating: Breaking up and moving on

A breakup can result in any number of irrational moves. Drinking in the middle of the day, crying to Chris Brown in your car, telling strangers at a party your problems, and cutting your hair are things you might have done in the past (and of course nothing I've ever done).

Surviving Case: the game of "Ruthless"

I have a really hard time focusing on schoolwork lately. Between all the clubs and activities I'm involved in and all my friends constantly wanting to socialize, I'm just really behind this semester. How can I get back on track? First and foremost, relax.

Worst Case Scenario: Besting addictions

I'm lazy - incredibly lazy. In fact, I think it's plausible to say that I'm addicted to being lazy. I would like nothing more right now than to quit writing, lie down on the couch, turn on the TV, and zone out for a few hours until I drift off to sleep. But, for you, dear reader, I am willing to put my addiction on hold to give you some much needed advice on how to combat your own addictions.

New social networking site tries valiantly, but can't touch Facebook's high standards

$1.5 Billion. That's the net worth of Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg. In 2004, Zuckerberg launched the now-socially essential networking site that quickly went from Harvard local to a worldwide phenomenon. But while the audience may have widened for Facebook, many of the original users, including college students, for whom the website was created four years ago, feel as though they've been forgotten.

The Secret Ingredient: Apples

One of the best things about the season of autumn, especially in Ohio, is the abundance of sweet, crispy, and delicious apples. Apples can be used in a wide variety of ways: baked into a delicious muffin, a sweet sauce on a chicken dish, or a crunchy addition to a salad.

The Buzz

| (1) comment

Friday, Oct. 3 The Case Western Reserve University Film Society, in conjunction with Le Quartier Fran�ais is hosting a screening of Vincent Paronnaud and Marjane Satrapi's acclaimed animated film, Persepolis. The film tells the story of a young girl who grew up during a shift in power in Iran, but despite the changing of hands, little winds up changed.

• A Conversation with Caroline Goulding
          • Don't blow it all at once: financial tips for recent graduates
          • International student session to debut during 2010 orientation
          • Name That Place - 4/23/2010
          • Relay For Life raises $76,000, short of goal but not short of spirit
          • Student Leadership Award Winners
          • Tanning dangers abound as summer approaches
          • What Now?
          • Mass funding successful for some, headache for other organizations

• Case falls to Wooster at Progressive Field
          • Spartan Spotlight: Obinna Nwanna
          • Spartans are optimistic heading into UAA's
          • Spartans extend win streak to six
          • Spartans snap long losing streak
          • The next step
          • Top 10 Spartan stories of 2009-2010

• 2009-2010 Year in Review
          • Letter to the Editor: Straight Answers to Questions about Greek Life Funding
          • Living - and dying - on your own terms
          • The last hurrah: experiencing senior week
          • What are you doing this summer?

• A final fling for finals
          • Despite an oppressive crowd and disappointing opener, Ben Folds continues to impress on stage
          • MaDaCol performance distinguishes dance as alternative communication medium
          • Parting word of advice: Express yourself
          • Springfest blowout to feature activities, student bands and national headlines
          • The best bars in Cleveland
          • Tri-C Jazz Festival features stunning jazz organ performance, among others